This Privacy Statement is designed to tell you about our practices regarding the collection, use, and disclosure of information about you through your use of the MediMan application (the “Application”) provided to you by Fable Health (“Fable”) through our websites and mobile applications (collectively, the “Platform”). This Privacy Statement only addresses information collected directly through or from the Application – it does not address or govern any information-gathering, use, or dissemination practices related to information collected from a visitor (sometimes referred to as "you" or "your") other than directly through or from the Application, such as from telephone, facsimile, postal mail, personal delivery, or other or additional offline means or media.
The Application helps you to manage your medications, including by providing scheduling and reminder functions.
By using the Platform and registering for the Application, you expressly consent and agree to the terms of this Privacy Statement.
What is Personal Information?
If information can be used to identify you as an individual, including by identifying your device or computer, we treat this information as "Personal Information."
Collection of Personal Information.
- What you give us: We collect the information that you provide to us when you interact with the Application. For example, when you register for an account, we may collect your name, address, date of birth, and telephone number. Certain parts of the Application may require that you provide health information, including information pertaining to medications.
- From your Health Care Provider (including your doctor or pharmacy): If you permit your health care provider to have access to the Application, then certain functionality in the Application may allow your health care provider to input information into the Application about you and your medication. Accordingly, we may have access to and receive Personal Information about you from your health care provider. This information may reveal sensitive information about you, such as mental health, HIV/AIDs status, or substance abuse information.
- Automatically collected information: We also collect certain information through automated means. Some of the information we collect through automated means may, whether alone or combined with other data, be Personal Information. You can learn more about this in the Section called “Passive Information Collection Uses and Choices” below.
- Other applications: If you allow us to access data from other applications on the Platform or to data from third party applications and services that you use, we may receive information collected by those applications and services.
Use of Personal Information Collected.
We may use Personal Information to deliver the Application to you, to allow you to use the Application, and to respond to your inquiries or requests. We may also use Personal Information to send you important information regarding our relationship with you or regarding the Application, such as changes to our terms, conditions, and policies and/or other administrative information.
We may also use Personal Information as we believe to be necessary or appropriate: (a) under applicable law; (b) to comply with legal process; (c) to respond to requests from public and government authorities, including public and government authorities outside your country of residence; (d) to enforce our terms and conditions; (e) to protect our operations or those of any of our affiliates; (f) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you, or others; and (g) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
We may also use Personal Information that we collect to improve the Application or the Platform, and for our analyses. We may remove the elements of your Personal Information that could identify you. We may use and disclose the resulting “de-identified” information without restrictions. For example, Fable may create de-identified, statistical, and aggregate data to prepare reports about the Application that do not identify any individual users.
You may opt-in separately to receive e-mails, SMS text messages, push notifications, and telephone notifications from the Platform. If you sign up for these features of the Platform, email or telephone communications and text messages will be sent to the email address and/or mobile telephone number that you provide to the Platform. These communications may contain health information.
Finally, we may use Personal Information in additional ways when we receive your express consent.
Disclosure of Personal Information.
Personal Information may be shared with the following parties for the purposes described below:
- with your health care provider, such as your doctor or pharmacy, but only if you invite your health care provider to participate in the Application. In such case, we may share personally identifiable health information about you and your use of the Application with your health care provider as further described when you opt-in to such functionality. Your health care provider may use and disclose such information for the purposes described in the Notice of Privacy Practices that your health care provider has delivered to you as required by the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA).
- with your caregiver if you invite a caregiver to have caregiver access to your account on the Application. In such case, we may share personally identifiable health information about you and your use of the Application with that caregiver as further described when you opt-in to such functionality.
- with our contractors who assist us in managing, administering or delivering the Application. We will require such parties to protect and govern the use of the information about you according to this Privacy Statement and other requirements that we place upon them by contract.
- in connection with the sale, assignment, or other transfer of the business of our Application or this Platform, we may transfer the information about you, in which case we will require any such buyer or acquiring party to agree to treat the information in accordance with this Privacy Statement.
- if you request that we connect the Application to other applications on the Platform or to third party applications and services that you use, we may share information with those applications and services.
- to respond to law enforcement requests or where required by applicable laws, court orders, or government regulations.
We will not sell or otherwise give information about you to other parties for their marketing purposes.
Passive Information Collection, Use, and Choices
As you navigate the Platform, certain Personal Information may be passively collected, meaning it is gathered without your actively providing it. This is done using the following technologies in the following ways:
- Through your browser: Certain information is collected by most browsers, such as your Media Access Control (MAC) address, computer type and operating system type and version screen resolution, and Internet browser type and version.
- Through your device: If you access the Platform through a mobile device or other network-connected product, certain information may be collected about that device, including your device type, network service provider, and other identifiers. We may collect unique device identifiers (such as IDFA and AID tags and UUID and UDID identifiers) associated with the device you use to access the Platform.
- recognize your computer or device to make your use of the Platform easier, such as to remember your locations of interest and other preferences with the Platform;
- gather statistical information about use of the Platform in order to continually improve its design and functionality, understand how individuals use it, and to assist us with resolving questions regarding it; and
- select which offers are most likely to appeal to you and display them while you are on the Platform.
To learn more about cookies, please visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
- Using Monitoring Tools: The Platform may utilize pixel tags, web beacons, clear GIFs, Flash Shared Objects, HTML5 Local Storage, HTML5 Mini Databases, and other similar technologies, both on certain aspects of the Platform and in HTML-formatted e-mail messages to you. These monitoring tools are used for the purpose of, among other things, compiling statistics about Plaftorm usage and response rates, and tracking the activities of users of the Platform and e-mail recipients.
- IP Address: Your IP Address is a number that is automatically assigned to the computer that you are using by your Internet Service Provider. An IP Address is identified and logged automatically in our server log files whenever a user visits the Platform, along with the time of the visit and the page(s) that were visited. Collecting IP Addresses is standard practice on the Internet and is done automatically by many online service providers, including website operators. We use IP Addresses for purposes such as calculating Platform usage levels, helping diagnose server problems, and administering the Platform.
If you are uncomfortable with the idea of your Personal Information being collected and used in these ways, most computer systems, devices, and web browsers offer privacy settings and options, such as disabling cookies, resetting your IDFA, or turning off location-based services. We do not override these settings or options and encourage you to use them to enhance your choices and personalize your experiences. However, in order to access certain content, features, services, products, or benefits of the Platform, you may be required to provide us with certain information. If you do not wish to provide that information through the Platform or if you opt to utilize the aforementioned privacy features, you may be unable to obtain certain content, features, services, products, or benefits of the Platform.
We do not track your behavior across third party websites or applications. Our Platform currently does not respond to “Do Not Track” (DNT) signals and we operate as described in this Privacy Statement whether or not a DNT signal is received, as there is no consistent industry-standard for compliance.
- Privacy of Children. The Application is not intended for individuals under the age of 18. The Application does not knowingly collect Personal Information online from users in this age group. If we learn that we have collected Personal Information from a child under age 18, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that we might have any information from a child under age 18, please contact us.
- Security Measures and Communicating with Fable. We take reasonable steps to protect information about you in our possession and control, such as for information associated with the Platform, and to protect such information from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. You should keep in mind that no Internet transmission is ever completely secure or error-free. In particular, e-mail sent between you and us may not be secure. Also, you should take care to secure your password and access to any computer or device that allows access to your account on the Platform.
- Access to and Ability to Correct Personal Information; Opt-Out Right. You may review, modify, correct, change, or update your account information by going to the user tab of the Application. You may opt out of having Personal Information about you prospectively retained by Fable by contacting Fable at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will seek to comply with your request(s) as soon as reasonably practicable. Please note that if you opt out as described here, you will no longer be able to use the Application.
- Right to Change Privacy Statement. Fable reserves the right at any time to modify, alter or update this Privacy Statement. Your use of the Application following any changes means that you agree to follow and be bound by the Privacy Statement as changed. Any change to this Privacy Statement shall be effective as to any visitor who has visited the Application before the change was made. It is the obligation of users visiting the Application before the change to learn of changes to the Privacy Statement since their last visit.
- Questions and Contacts. If you have questions about this Privacy Statement, our practices concerning this Application, or your dealings with Fable, you can contact us at email@example.com or by U.S. mail at the address below:
286 Flushing Ave.
Brooklyn, NY 11205